“Module 1” was created to greater assist you in maneuvering the first week of the Introduction to Theatre course. The digital booklet contains photos, digital links, and additional information that may refresh or deepen your understanding of the material. Enjoy!
Before you start
The Module 1 digital booklet will work differently depending on your browser settings. If you experience difficulty viewing pictures or embedded digital content in the audience guide, try using a different Internet browser (Safari, Internet Explore, Google Chrome, Firefox). Note: Depending on your settings, some internet browsers may prevent the photos or embedded content inserted from properly loading. The content may also appear differently on mobile devices.
To easily navigate through the Table of Contents of the digital booklet, please click the icon with three horizontal lines located in the upper left corner of your screen.
To advance the pages forward or backward, please click the arrows located on the lower left and right corners of the page.
If you experience difficulty, please email Professor Tamera Izlar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Module 1” in the subject line.
This Module will guide you through Week 1 of the Introduction to Theatre course. This Module will include:
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner?
- What Makes a Successful Online Learner Survey
- Unique Facts - Interactive Activity
- Syllabus Quiz
- What Next?
Upon completion of Module 1, you will complete:
1 Interactive Activity
Why does Online Learners have more homework than face-to-face learners?
Distance Learners will not have a face-to-face instructor to guide their learning through lectures and in-class activities. Alternatively, from the privacy of their homes, Distance Learners will have access to a plethora of resources.
Distance Learners will complete in-class learning modules, as well as in-class exploration exercises on their own. This experience may give the appearance of “more homework”, yet Distance Learning provides the opportunity for the entire learning experience to take place at home.
Welcome to an excellent opportunity for distance learning exploration. Instead of sitting in a lecture for two or three days a week, distance learners will have the flexibility to complete assigned tasks from anywhere in the world.
Although the format of delivery will be different than a face-to-face class, Distance Learners are exposed to the same amount of course material.
1. Please read the article “What Makes a Successful Online Learner?”
Note: If you have difficulty accessing the link above, please peruse the course documents section located in blackboard.
2. After perusing the article above, please click here to complete the brief survey.
Note: If you have difficulty accessing the link above, please peruse the course documents section in blackboard.
Note: The survey questions will include:
One multiple choice
One short answer
Important: Before completed the Interactive activity, please read the instructions below in their entirety.
1. Visit the link above
2. After visiting the interactive page, double click anywhere on the webpage. A editable box will appear.
3. In the section entitled “Title,” please add you first name and last initial followed by the Introduction to Theatre Section in which you are enrolled: (example: Tamera I. 302)
4. In the open window, TYPE your response to share your “unique” fact. Note: Although video upload is an option in the program, the feature has limited support.
5. If you have difficulty completing the assignment, please feel free to visit the webpage directly or contact your instructor directly.
Note: You can type in the embedded video posted below OR visit the website directly.
Please read view the course syllabus found in the Introduction to Theatre blackboard site.
Quiz:Take the accompanying Syllabus Quiz. The quiz is found in the blackboard site.
In preparation for MODULE 2, please Read Chapter 1: The Audience: Its Role and Imagination (pgs. 7-25)
MODULE 2 will open on Saturday at 11:59 pm.
Congratulations! You have completed MODULE 1.
1. Download the Introduction to Theatre syllabus.
2. Take the Introduction to syllabus quiz.
3. Read the article “What Makes a Successful Online Learner?”
4. Take a brief survey (following the reading of the article “What Makes a Successful Online Learner?”)
For an interactive digital checklist for MODULE 1, please click the digital checklist.